"How can we present pain better than its colors, as experienced by everyone, in all its intensity, drama, and beauty?"
Myrna D. Santos, MSN, RN
Principal Researcher & Director of Studies
Leader, Educator, Mentor and Nurse Advocate:
Exploring the Science and Art of Nursing in Independent Studies
A Filipino nurse educated with Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the oldest catholic university in Asia, University of Santo Tomas, College of Nursing and a Master of Science in Nursing degree from the University of Phoenix, she has been practicing nursing for over thirty years. Currently an ICU nurse clinician at the Brooklyn Campus of New York Harbor Healthcare System (VA Medical Center), she has synergistic roles in her professional mission exploring the science and art of nursing in independent studies.
Studies and Projects on Nursing
* Exhibit: A Salute to the Philippines as a Nurse Nation providing nurses for the international community
* Gerontology: The Aging of Filipinos in America; The Aging of Nurses
* The Theory of Self-Preservation in Nursing
* Financial Education Program for nurses
* Strategies for the resolution of nursing shortage
* Promotion of health education and community health
* Increasing nurses visibility in public and communities
* Strategies to improve staff nurses engagement
* Promotion of Evidence Based Practice
* Strategies for Stress Reduction among nurses
* Promotion of Safe Patient Handling
* Qualitative/Descriptive Research on Pain
* Publisher/Editor: The Modern Nightingale Magazine
* Chief Nurse Executive: The Nursing Office.Com
* Entrepreneur: President and CEO/Four Dragon Global Network, Inc.